Thursday, November 20, 2014

My Favorite Thankgiving Tradition: Seeing my Family

Every Thanksgiving, my parents and I alternate between Memphis, where my dad's side of the family is, and Mississippi/ Birmingham, Alabama, where my mom's side lives. Both of these trips are pretty enjoyable.

When we go to Memphis, my grandmother cooks all the food and we gather and my grandfather's house. It's a decent- size family, so sometimes, depending on who all shows up, there won't be enough seats at the table. After dinner, not much else happens, normally we just sit in the living room and talk, nevertheless, it's fun.

The next year, we visit my mom's side of the family, and the gathering has very recently relocated to my uncle's house in Birmingham. We stay in their guest room, whilst my grandparents stay at a hotel. My aunt cooks all the food, and her dad might drop by after dinner. We stay there for about two days and spend some time as a family, enjoying the holiday.


No comments:

Post a Comment